The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) is seeking volunteers to moderate educational sessions during the 2018 Preparedness Summit, April 17-20, 2018, in Atlanta, Ga. Your participation is needed to ensure the success of the meeting.
As a moderator, you will play an important role facilitating various sessions and helping the presenter(s) & participants maximize their experience. The role of the moderator is to establish a friendly atmosphere in the room, make the speakers feel welcome, and go a long way toward ensuring that interesting questions are asked, and a solid discussion ensues.
Applications must be submitted by Feb. 18, 2018 at 11:59 p.m., EST. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance and session details by the second week of March 2018. Apply here.
Accepted moderators will be required to attend a 60-minute virtual training in March presented by NACCHO.
If you are moderating a workshop, town hall, demo, or learning session, please note the following:
- Moderators are responsible for keeping the conversation interactive. So, as a moderator, you must familiarize yourself with the session content and speakers before the session starts.
- Please introduce all speakers (including yourself!) at the beginning of the session.
- You will have access to the Speaker Portal, where you will be able to review presentation slides and contact speakers.
- Your assigned room packet will have signage to assist with time keeping for your session (10 minutes, two minutes, please finish). Please use these signs to alert your speakers when their presentation is coming to an end. Do NOT allow the session to go over the allocated time!
- Preparing questions that could be used as ice breakers if the participants appear reluctant to ask questions of their own.
- If your session speakers submitted their final presentation through the speaker portal or to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, we will have a copy available at the speaker registration desk if the copy they brought malfunctions.
- If you have technical problems with any equipment in the room, please contact a member of the Summit staff immediately.
All moderators will be eligible for the discounted speaker registration rate.